The overall aim of this Training Course is to increase the awareness of Engineer Officers to the concept, key components, operation and maintenance of the MAN B & W ME type of main engine. The participants, on completing the course, will be able to fully understand:
- the camshaft less concept of the MAN B&W ME B & C types of engine that is based on a mechanical-hydraulic system for the actuation of fuel injection pumps and exhaust gas valves, electronically controlled by a computer control system.
- the HPS system for delivering the necessary high-pressure hydraulic oil flow for the operation of the enginedriven piston pumps and their swash plate principle of operation.
- the function of the HCU cylinder unit, the FIVA valve, the distribution block, the accumulator, the cylinder lubricator, the exhaust gas actuator and the fuel oil pressure booster.
- the engine control and adjustment system including the Multipurpose Controller, the Main and Local Operating Panel, the Pneumatic and Tacho System, and
- the HMI interface of the Main Operating Panel, its function, alarms, indications, process information and maintenance tasks.