The ΑΤΗΙΝΑ Maritime Learning and Development Center has been an Observatory of the developments in the international arena of maritime training, certification and competence standards.
By analyzing and measuring the knowledge and skills needed to perform rank-specific or horizontal shipboard works, our Training Center can help identify the training needs and develop a proper training plan for the future, via various methods, such as:
- Arising needs stemming from the crew appraisal process, safety management meetings minutes reviews, interviews and questionnaires.
- New training-related regulations and requirements.
- The impact of new technologies to the human-machine interface, when it comes to operation, monitoring and maintenance issues.
- Lessons learnt from marine incidents, root or immediate causes relating to lack of training, development of behavioral skills, etc.
- Proposals from individuals, the shipping companies or organizations.