Mission & Policy
The ATHINA MARITIME LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER is committed to providing an Outstanding Learning Experience that will:
- Be underpinned by experiential learning pedagogy to allow seafarers rehearse and to reflect on their experiences.
- Foster the independent learning that is required for the continued professional development.
- Enable seafarers to further develop their knowledge and practical skills that are necessary to advance their career in a rapidly changing maritime environment.
- Project the value of positive character traits including Accountability, Respect and Discipline.
The ATHINA MLDC will be a Training Center “Where Seafarers Will Always Come First”.
The ATHINA MARITIME LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER is committed to:
- Planning and delivering high quality in-house training services using competent Instructors, up-to-date training material and state-of-art facilities and equipment.
- Reviewing and developing its infrastructure, resources and portfolio of Training Courses to ensure sustainable training services and continual improvement of the Learning and Quality Management System.
- Developing partnerships and working with the industry to develop and deliver training courses of high educational value.
- Supporting shipping companies in the identification of training needs and all relevant activities aimed at improving the Knowledge, Competence and Performance of company’s personnel through training and education.
- Following the legislative framework, industry developments and customers’ requirements relating to ships’ personnel training and certification.